22 June 2009

Look! A much shorter update delay!

As promised, I'm making the effort for shorter, more frequent posts. Sorry if this is me tending towards tweeting (which, incidentally, the IAEA is doing), but I think it'll help me to put in more of the random little tidbits that really make an adventure. So here are my tidbits for now:

As some of you may know, my first weekend here I went produce shopping at a Turkish Market, where I bought many comestibles, including (but not limited to) a whole bunch of tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce. A lot a lot - I never really realized how much three kilograms of a vegetable is for one person. Despite my valiant efforts over the past two weeks (including 1-2 salads per day), the refrigerator has finally allowed in the dreadful rot, and today I was forced to reject the remaining half cucumber, three tomatoes, and few leaves of lettuce as inedible. I was going to take pictures and post them, but then common sense kicked in, so you're welcome for that. The nutritional merits notwithstanding, I'm actually a little glad to see them go - even though I didn't finish them, I've apparently consumed enough Vitamin A to last me the duration of my stay in Vienna.

On an entirely different side of the health spectrum, this morning the Press Office had coffee infused with maple syrup. Those of you who know me know that I don't drink coffee. I do, however, love the smell of coffee. I also love the smell of maple syrup. THE OFFICE SMELLED SO GOOD TODAY BUT I COULDN'T TASTE ANY BECAUSE I WOULD JUST WIND UP DISAPPOINTED. Alas!

In terms of other things that might interest or excite a reader, Johannes passed along this photograph to me - its' from the morning of 20 January 2009.

That's the IAEA's take! (Unofficially, of course - I'm not speaking on behalf of the agency in this blog, nor have I been asked to blog by anyone in the agency. I just wanted to share.)

1 comment:

  1. I especially enjoy the "what I ate today" posts; but more notably, did anyone notice there are no foot prints around the snow message?

    ReplyDelete