18 July 2009

Long-delayed update! (Part 2)

Okay all! When last we left, Mike and I had had a great evening at the Opera, and agreed to meet the next day to explore Vienna, and in particular to visit das Freudhaus, where Freud did much of him seminal psychology work. Here's a nice statue in the Volksgarten, where we waited for the tram that would take us in the proper direction:

Hometown hero!

Check out that clef!
After a tram ride where we got off too early and some rather clever navigation based on landmarks we hadn't ever seen before, Mike and I managed to make it to the museum. Here's the view from the front:


This is his home, and below is his head.See? His head.

The first ever waiting room for psychiatric patients.

Mike moves beyond the pleasure principle.
On our way back, we spotted some picturesque Viennese scenes - I tried my best to take good photos!




They're big on the horse rides in the city.

This is where I learned the difference between Arabic and Roman numerals.

Gateway into a plaza with a secondhand book sale.

A JFK Memorial overlooking Stephansplatz.

Yeah Gensfleisch! I mean Gutenberg. Yeah Gutenberg. :)

This one is actually commentworthy - this is the apartment where Mozart lived. Inside, he composed the Marriage of Figaro, as the plaque indicates - pretty nifty!

After Mike and I had made it back into the city center, we randomly met up with Malcolm and Linda who were also just out and about in the city, and we decided to walk through the Hofburg Quarter together, but I'll save those photos for the next update, which should be written very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment